YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January Ipsy Glam Bag

Well color me excited! Yesterday I got my (disappointing) Birchbox. Today I open the mail and there's my Glam Bag! Just like last month, this month's Glam Bag did not disappoint! If you are someone who's been thinking about trying a monthly sample membership, I recommend the Ispy Glam Bag because they just seem to have better samples. Birchbox has its pros too (reviewing products for points toward $ off products on the site), but overall I've been really happy with my Glam Bags more than my Birchboxes.

There's that pretty hot pink package of happiness!


Glam Bags are fun because each month they actually come in a usable makeup bag. Last month I got a pewter colored cylinder shaped zipper bag perfect for keeping lip glosses and lipsticks (and tampons...) in your purse! This month I wasn't as happy with the bag, but oh well.


It's just a plain, boring, zippered bag. I have a million little black bags from Sephora already, but they really are good for keeping up with makeup you may only use seasonally, samples you have yet to try, or just any random thing really!  I guess the inside is supposed to make up for the boring outside...


I guess if you are really into stars and the sky, this is the bag for you... Anyway, lets get to the goodies! I was super excited about my Glam Bag, just like last month! It did not disappoint! Here are all the goodies together. I almost threw away the brush as it wasn't in the black bag, just in the pink bag separate. Brax found it before I threw it away!


I was really pleased with this bag. I got a deluxe sized Josie Maran argan oil, a travel sized Big Sexy Hair hairspray (I was most excited about this,) a HUGE Pacifica lotion that I refuse to even call a sample because I purchased this exact size and scent from Sephora last year...I consider this a travel size as well, a Nailtini red nail polish that looks pink on camera, but is actually a true red, and a London SOHO New York concealer brush.

1.  Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil


Argan oils are all the rage right now. They can be used in your hair, on you body, on your face, on your nails, in the bath......just about anywhere. I primarily use argan oil on the ends of my hair. I don't use oils as moisturizers because I tend to break out if I do. I have gotten many samples of argan oil from various companies, and they all seem to be the exact same thing to me, although I did get one from Birchbox that was in a spray bottle, and I liked the application process. Just be sure and spray it on a carpeted surface. I sprayed it on my hair in the bathroom and the residue made my husband slip. Oops. Anyway, this oil smells pretty much like the others. It has the dropper you use to drop it into your hands for application. Once all of my samples of this run out I will more than likely purchase a full sized bottle.

2.  Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play Hair Spray


This is what I was most excited about, because this is the PERFECT travel sized hair spray. I found this exact size in the travel section of either Target or Walmart a few years ago before we went to Disney World and was so excited. I have looked ever since for more travel sizes to no avail. I love the Big Sexy Hair brand. I especially love their teasing powder, Powder Play, which is like a sticky powder that you use VERY SPARINGLY at your roots before you tease your hair. It's one of the best products I've ever used and one of my HG products. Can't live without it. (My favorite hairspray is actually by Rockoholic. Tomorrow I'll probably do a post of my HG products.)

3.  Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter 


I put my hand in the picture so you could see how big this sample is. As I said above, I've purchased this size from Sephora in many scents. This is a delicious orange scented body butter. It is very thick, since it's a butter and not a lotion, so if you don't like that kind of texture for a moisturizer, then these aren't for you. I like to use these right after a shower or bath, when I'm just putting on pajamas or sweats and not real clothes. This takes a while to absorb. I can't imagine trying to put on a pair of jeans after putting this on my legs. The smell is just divine. I have another Pacifica butters that has a pearl shimmer and one with a bronze/gold shimmer. I don't wear them often though because I feel a little too old for the shimmer effect, but they are really pretty. 

4.   Nailtini Nail Lacquer in Bloody Mary


I used the flash for this picture because the color kept showing up as hot pink rather than true red. This picture still isn't a true representation of the color, but it's the best I could do. It is a true blood red, like the name implies. I have never heard of this brand before today. Apparently, they also have eye products (Eyetini) and lip products (Liptini). The packaging says, "Wear Nailtini Lacquers alone, layered, or garnished to create countless combinations. Great straight or mixed - it's cocktails for nails." Well, anything to do with cocktails and I'm in! I haven't tried this yet, but when I do, I'll do another review on the color, application, texture, etc. I am not a big fan of red polishes, but this one looks promising. I really see myself wearing this when True Blood returns this summer!

5.  London Soho New York Concealer Brush

This little gem almost got away from me because it wasn't actually in the Glam Bag itself, just in the shipping packaging. My son found it before I threw it away! This brand is new to me, and I've never used a brush to apply concealer, when I rarely use it. I usually just use my fingers or a q-tip. The brush itself is soft yet holds it shape well. I can't wait to try this out tomorrow with my Benefit Erase Paste, which I purchased a few months ago after reading the raving reviews online. I'm still not totally sold on it, though.



Thanks for reading! Until next time, pretties! Stay fabulous!






4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to have someone I know and trust writing this kind of blog. Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! Let me know of any tips you may have!

      Delete
  2. I've heard about the Ipsy Glam bag! I think I'm totally going to try it. Thanks for sharing!
    www.poolovesboo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is great! In December I received at least 2 full sized products...an eyeliner by Stila and a Lipgloss by Model Co. I highly recommend them!

      Delete