YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, February 14, 2013

February 2013 Ipsy Glam Bag Review

I received my Ipsy Glam Bag yesterday, and for the first time I'm actually disappointed in it. I felt like it wasn't as great as the past few months. I think the sample sizes are smaller than usual, and it came in a black bag again, except this time it's more of a vinyl material compared to last month's matte black. The lighting isn't that great with my pictures tonight and I'm sorry, but I've had a long day and I just haven't had time to really make them look fancy...

Here's the outside of the bag. Just a black vinyl zipper top bag.


Here's the inside of the bag. It's just plain red.


Let's get to the less than stellar products I received this month. (PS: I haven't received my Birch Box yet, but I sneaked a peek online at my samples, and I'm actually really excited about them! Before they send out the boxes they list everything that you *could* get in your box, and I noticed that Rockoholic Hair Spray was one of the samples. I reviewed this a few weeks ago, and as you know, I LOVE it. I didn't get a sample, though, which is okay, but I would have loved to have gotten a smaller one for travel. One thing I did see that was in my particular box was a candle, and I've been hoping for a candle for awhile now. Anyway, back to Ispy...

Coastal Scents Eyeshadow Sample


These look very tiny, and they are very tiny, but they are SUPER PIGMENTED. I put WAY too much on when I was trying them out this morning and ended up having to remove the shadow and start over. I've never heard of this brand, but I was impressed by the pigment. The colors are as follows: Top Left~Candlelight (gold); Top Right~Gunmetal (black); Bottom Left~Incognito (black with red microglitter); Bottom Right~Ashen (champagne). Honestly, I'll probably never use these. They feel very cheap to me. I don't like the pigmentation. Some people may like a lot of pigment, but I don't. When I was using them this morning, I had flashbacks to using Wet-n-Wild when I was 13. I don't recommend these. If you do want to try them, you can browse the Coastal Scents website.

Pixi Flawless & Poreless


Pixi is a higher-end drugstore brand. I've only seen tutorials of their products online, but lots of people rave about this brand. I tried this primer yesterday and it has a really good texture and feel to it. I'm not sure how "poreless" it made me because I have huge pores, but it did make my skin feel good. I'm not a big primer person, because I have extremely oily skin and they just never work. I use Milk of Magnesia as primer! It's the best thing I've ever used. This would be worth a try if you wanted to try a primer but didn't want to spend a lot of money on one. You can find these products on their home website here or at Target for around $29.00.

Lash Cards


Another waste of a sample, in my opinion, are these lash cards you place above your lashes when applying mascara to avoid getting it on your eyelid. Don't ask me why the print is backwards on the cards...your guess is as good as mine... I'm assuming so that you can see the reflection in the mirror. Whoever thought of that has too much time on their hands. I don't have a problem with applying mascara, so I will probably be giving these away. Any of my friends who might want them, just comment below. First come, first serve. (I'm not going to mail them or deliver them...so pretty much these will go to anyone I work with or see on a daily basis...ha.) If per chance you're interested in these, you can purchase them at the Lash Card website for $6.99 for 10 cards.

Pop Beauty Mascara


This is a mascara from Pop Beauty in No. 1 Smokey Black. I really love the applicator and it applies without clumping. This is a UK brand, so I'm not very familiar with it, but I like getting samples from other countries. I'm obsessed with Blinc tubing mascara, but this product just might make me want to switch. It is very glossy and makes my lashes super long. You can find this product on the Pop Beauty website for $18.50.


MICA Beauty Cosmetics Gel Eyeliner


This is another brand I've never heard of, and a product I've never used before. I usually use pencil eyeliners, but this has really piqued my interest. I need to dig around my makeup bags to see if I have an eyeliner brush applicator so I can try it out. I've read other positive reviews about this, so I'm looking forward to trying it out. When I do, I'll post another review.  This was my full sized product this month. The only difference I can see is that when you purchase this for $30.00, it comes with an application brush. I'm pretty happy about this sample. You can find it here at the MICA Beauty website.

I hope you see some things you like. I should be getting my Birch Box soon, so I'll review it in a few days. Thanks for stopping by! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment