YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, April 15, 2013

April Birchbox

It's Birchbox time! I got some great products this month and I can't wait to review them for you!!! This month's theme was "Tiny Tweaks, Big Results."

I was really excited with this box because I've been searching for the perfect eye cream, and there's a sample of an eye cream this month.

StriVectin - SD


This product is an eye concentrate for wrinkle which says it diminishes fine lines and reverses puffiness and circles. I swiped some on this morning, and of course I don't have any immediate results to share with you, but it seems to go on smoothly. The packaging states it's only a 2 week supply, and to expect results in 8 weeks, so really...I would have to purchase it to really see any results. I will give a more detailed review of the product later if I feel it works any miracles. Right now, I really can't say much about it....Sorry.  You can read more about it on Birchbox, and pick it up for $65.00, if interested.

Youngblood Anti-Shine Mattifyer


I have the oiliest skin imaginable (and whomever said oily skin doesn't wrinkle is obviously and IDIOT...) so I was excited to receive this mattifying product. It's not a powder or cream. It's more like a lip balm texture. I applied it before my BB Cream on my T-zone, and it seemed to work pretty good, considering how oily I am.  It's not a miracle worker, but seriously, the best product I've ever found for my oily skin is using Milk of Magnesia as a primer. I'm seriously serious. It combats oil better than any primer or mattifier I've ever used. This is considered a mineral product, and as I'm not a mineral make up fan, I doubt I'll purchase this anytime soon. Mineral make up just looks dirty to me. But anyway....You can read more about this Youngblood product on Birchbox, and it's available for $36.00.

Nexxus Youth Renewal Rejuvenating Elixir

 

This serum claims to cure dry hair and reduce the odds of age-related breakage. Once again, I'm not sure if this works as I've only used it once... It smells really good and made my hear feel soft and shiny. The sample size of this was pretty good, because a little goes a long way. I researched some reviews of the product and found that it really didn't have that great of reviews. I doubt I'll purchase this in the future as I'm happy with my Argan Oil products and my Living Proof Prime Style Extender. (LOVE THIS STUFF....I reviewed it awhile back.) You can buy this Nexxus serum at Birchbox for $20.99, but I'll stick to what I'm using.

Skin & Co Sicilian Body Gel

I wasn't sure what this was supposed to be...a bath gel? A gel lotion? I had to look it up because it didn't really have anything on the packaging to inform me. It's a shower gel. I don't like shower gels. Never have. Never will. I just want to get in the shower, use soap to get clean, wash my hair/face, and get out. Oh, and shave my legs once in a blue moon. This stuff doesn't even smell good. It's supposed to smell like oranges. It doesn't to me. But you check it out if you want at Birchbox for $17.50, but I suggest you don't.

Weleda Body Lotion


I received three scents: Sea Buckthorn, Pomegranate, and Wild Rose. I'm a sucker for anything rose scented, so I of course opened it first. It smelled SO GOOD. I love it, and I plan on purchasing it! It was light, fresh, and nourishing on my skin. The other scents were great, too, but I'm a fan of rose, so that's what I'll be buying. Find it at Birchbox for $16.50.



I know this is rushed...becuase it is. I have to go to the post office to send my tax payments off...JOY!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment