YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, June 15, 2013

June 2013 Birchbox Review

I was extremely pleased with this month's Birchbox! I previously reviewed my Glossybox from May, click here to read it. I'll be reviewing my June Ipsy Glam Bag later today. My shampoo sample from my Birchbox leaked into my box, so I didn't have much left to sample. I emailed them and should be getting a replacement box since mine came damaged. Yay, Birchbox!

Davines 3-Step System (shampoo, conditioner, leave in treatment)

I received a deluxe sized shampoo (which is what leaked in my box), and a foil packet of the conditioner and leave in treatment. I was pleased to get all three products to try, because I hate getting just a shampoo or just a leave in treatment with instructions that say "best when used with conditioner/shampoo/etc but I don't have all the items to try!!! This time I did, and I was happy. The only thing that I was bummed about was that I could only review the items on BB as ONE product...so I only got 10 BB points for 3 products, and therefore I was only able to get 40 BB points this month rather than 60, as I should have gotten, since these were 3 products. I loved the way they smell, and they made my hair so soft and almost wispy. It was almost too soft. I had to put in some Powder Play to get it from flying away....almost like cotton candy! I did love it though. The Davines Love Smoothing Shampoo retails for $24.00, the Davines Love Smoothing Conditioner retails for $27.50, and the Davines Oi/Oil Absolute Beautifying Potion retails for $40.00. Given the price, I doubt I purchase these products, as I'm happy with my Alterna and Ojon haircare products.


Laqa & Co Lip Pencil

 I received the topmost color...the hot hot hot pink. I do like that this is a pencil and that it doesn't require a sharpener. You just twist the bottom and it comes up. But it's poorly made (the bottom turns on its own in your purse and then the product squishes up into the cap) and cheaply made. Each box has art from up and coming artists, if you're into that sort of thing. You can purchase both lippies for $16.00.

Color Club Nail Polish in Reign in Spain

These are sold as a set. I received the shade Reign in Spain, which is the melon color on the far left. It has a great formula. Goes on smoothly and thick in just one coat. The color looks great with a tan, but I only left it on for a day, as I'm not a fan of melon colored polish. Maybe for my toes. I love Color Club polishes, though. They have a great formula and are fairly inexpensive. This collection, called "Wanderlust," is available for $16.00.

I received a perfume sample that I can't even find...I probably tossed it. I wasn't going to review it anyway since there's really no way to describe a scent.

Overall I was pleased with my Birchbox this month. If you are a member, you can go to their website and fill out a more detailed questionnaire thingy that will give you more of the samples you want and avoid getting things you may not want, like tea bags, Luna bars, perfume foils, etc. Remember to review your products from your box each month to earn BB Points that equal CASH toward purchases!!! If you are not a member and want to avoid the waiting list, follow this link to sign up! It's only $10 a month, and it's a fun little monthly box!


XOXO





No comments:

Post a Comment