YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Current Favorites! (Mostly drug store/Ulta products...only one high end product this time!)

So....yeah....I haven't blogged in a LONG TIME. I've just not been feeling it. Sorry. I guess it's because I gave up my Birchbox and Ipsy subscriptions awhile back. I felt like I was getting the same products/brands over and over, and I felt like I had way more "crap" products that were just cluttering up my make up drawers and not getting used. I am, however, going to sub to Popsugar's Must Have Box next month. September was already sold out, so I guess I'll wait for October. There are a few others I think I'm going to try. One is a "time of the month" box. If you haven't heard of those, google them. Lots of goodies in them. There are some other sweets boxes I'm going to try. But for now, I wanted to share some of my current favorites.

Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder

I heard about this powder on Tanya  Burr's YouTube channel, and I must say, I love it! For one thing, it is cheap as dirt. Less than $5 at Walmart, Ulta, Walgreens, etc. It also keeps my makeup matte all day, and I have super oily skin. I've tried all kinds of high end powder...Nars, Bare Minerals (gag...), MAC, Make Up For Ever, YSL...you name it, I've used it. This is the best by far. I use the translucent powder throughout the day if I need my makeup to look freshened up. I use a tinted one (sorry...don't remember the shade) in the morning to set my makeup. It is such a great buy for the price. I wish the packaging was a little nicer, but it's 5 bucks. Worth every penny!

Ulta Eyeshadow Palettes

I received two eyeshadow quads (pics courtesy eBay) from Ulta this summer as free gifts with purchase, and I must say, they have the best pigmentation I've ever seen! The quads aren't sold in stores, but you can buy the singles in stores and online. Best thing about these shadows? They're only $7! ($4 right now on sale!!!!!!) They are so pigmented and have great staying power! Not to mention they're inexpensive!

Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner

This is another YouTube guru find that I'm so glad I found!!! This is THE BEST gel eyeliner you can buy. Again, I've tried lots of high end products, but this in Blackest Black is my go to gel liner. I don't use the brush it comes with. I use a Sigma E11 Eyeliner Brush. This eyeliner is usually around $9.99, but Ulta and Walgreen's often have them buy 1 get 1 half price. Ulta has this special going on right now!

MAC Frankly Scarlet Blush

Yes, this is a terrifyingly red RED BLUSH! It's once again a product I came across fromTanya Burr's YouTube channel.  It is surprisingly wearable, if you have a light hand. It gives me the most natural flushed look. I absolutely adore this blush and I haven't used anything else since I ordered it! I don't think MAC counters in department stores still carry it, at least my local Dillard's didn't. I had to order it online. I believe you can purchase it from a MAC store though. Don't be afraid of this! It is such a beautiful color!!!


Well, that's all I have for today. I hope you enjoyed this little blurb of my favorites.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment