YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, May 30, 2013

May Favorites!

I decided to do a post to chronicle some of my favorite beauty products each month, so here's my first! These are some of my favorite products right now. Some may not be make up related...but anyway.... I'll list the prices of everything at the end of each description.

MAC Pro Palette

I ordered a MAC Pro Palette this week. They've changed up their palettes and now how some that are bigger, but they are double sided (they have single sided ones, but they've been sold out) and there's a clear plastic thing that keeps each side separated. You order inserts for each side. You can order one eyeshadow/one blush, two eyeshadow, two blush....whatever combo you want. I ordered one of each. So one side has blush and the other has eyeshadow. I have never used MAC eyeshadow because I typically buy everything at Sephora and they don't carry MAC, but I am now a MAC junkie! I love love LOVE their eye shadow! It goes on so smoothly and just looks so well blended on my eyes! You have to order the pro palette and the eyeshadows/blushes from the MAC website because they are Pro products...unless you have a MAC store (not a counter in Dillards or Nordstrom...an actual store) near you. There aren't many that I know of. The closest to me is in Nashville. I ordered my stuff online and it got here a day earlier than what the UPS delivery notification said, so I was stoked! You can buy the pro palette in a smaller size (some that hold 4 shadows) but I went ahead and ordered the big one that holds shadows and  blushes. I haven't filled them up yet, but I'm getting there! This is my palette. Excuse the pic...I have shadow dust all over the compact...but I just wanted to show you what it looks like!


On the left I have (top to bottom) Emphasize, which I use under my eyes as a highlighter over my concealer. It is described as a "microfine shaping powder" which is more subtle than a highlighter. It is an "off white shade with fine pearl." I like it under my eyes to highlight without being shimmery. Under that is a new blush I bought called Melba. It is described as a "matte soft coral-peach." It is very subtle and summery! I have another MAC blush that is in a compact that I'm going to depot and put in here later.

On the right I have my (messy) shadows. I'm going to list the colors I have from left to right/top to bottom. Far left: Cork (muted golden brown), Swiss Chocolate (muted reddish-brown), Shroom (soft beige with shimmer), Wedge (soft muted beige taupe), Soft Brown (soft golden peachy-brown). Center: Coquette (muted greyish-taupe....looks like army green to me....). Far right: Sketch (burgundy with red shimmer), Satellite Dreams (plum with violet pearl), and Indian Ink (deep eggplant). I have a lot of browns....I know. I chose some colors that a youtube guru that I love, Jaclyn Hill, suggested you get when starting a palette. Her youtube channel is Jaclynhill1, and I suggest EVERYONE watch her videos! They are so awesome!

MAC Pro Palette Large Duo (empty) $25.00
MAC x15 Eyeshadow Insert $9.00
MAC x6 Blush Insert $9.00
MAC Eyeshadow Palette Refill Pans $12.00 each
MAC Powder Blush Palette Refill Pans $17.00 each 
MAC Shaping Powder Refill Pans $16.50 (the color Emphasize listed above)


MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

I also bought a MAC Paint Pot in Painterly ($18.50), which is like an nude beige eyeshadow base. I'm not sure if it will be as awesome as my Urban Decay Primer Potion, but I've heard awesome reviews so I decided to give it a try.


MAC Fix+

One last thing that I love from MAC is their Fix Plus (Fix+) ($21.50) make up setting spray. I spray it on after I have finished applying all of my make up other than my mascara, and it gives me a dewy finish. You can also spritz it throughout the day to freshen your makeup.  I really was skeptical at first, but I really think it's been setting my makeup well.





 On to other products....

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

I have seriously oily skin. Like oil trough oily. Like "rub your finger down my face and you will remove all of my makeup" nasty oily. I've tried many different moisturizer, some with a HEFTY price tag, but never saw results and my skin just kept getting oilier, so I quit using them. But unfortunately....what they say about oily skin not getting wrinkles is NOT TRUE. So I had to start using a moisturizer again. My friend Jolene told me about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, ($14.00) and I decided to try it, and OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Jolene! Not only has it help control my oily skin, but it has also helped my complexion so much! This is THE BEST moisturizer I've tried, and let me tell you, I've tried them ALL. I've used some that were $100 a bottle, recommended by Sephora workers (I've learned that they really don't know any more about ANYTHING than I do walking in that store, so they just sell you whatever the hell they want...) but none of them compare to this. I highly recommend it for my oily sistas! Make sure it is the GEL if you're oily. The other lotion is way too heavy.

Clinique Repair Wear Laser Focus Eye Cream

I've started getting those dreaded under eye wrinkles.....so I did some research for the "best" under eye cream, and this was what I found, Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus ($43.50). I really love it! It is pricey, but a little goes a long way. I have been using it for about 3 months and I've barely even used the surface. I don't know how much wrinkle correcting is going on, but I've noticed that my wrinkles aren't as noticeable as they were, so I guess it's doing something. It also helps some with my bags...but sleep actually helps those more. Ha.

Crossfit Natural State 

I told you it wouldn't be all makeup! My last May Favorite is the Crossfit box I've started going to here, Crossfit Natural State (see website for prices). I finished On Ramp last week, and I was THE ONLY ONE in my class to finish! Yay me! It is so hard, and sometimes so confusing, but I feel so much better, and after all the before/after pictures I've seen online, I knew I had to try it. My friend Melanie has been telling me to start for a year, and I'm so glad I finally did. Thanks, Mel!!! Not only do I get a great workout, the people there are great, too! After a not-so-awesome stint at another workout place where I got burnt out and also felt....well....I just won't go into that....this is such a great atmosphere! I love it! If you're in the area, you really should check it out!

So, these are my May Favorites. I should be getting my Birchbox, Ipsy Glam Bag, and my Julep Maven subscriptions in soon. I'm cancelling the Julep Maven though, because I really don't need any more nail polish. But it is a great subscription service. I just don't need it. I also signed up for GlossyBox, which is another sample box. Lots of my friends cancelled their Birchbox subscriptions because they've been sub par lately. I think GlossyBox has more high end items. It's a little more a month price wise, but if I get something other than a frickin tea bag or Luna Bar (I'm pointing to you, Birchbox) then I'll happily pay a little more.

Later, Lovelies! XOXO





No comments:

Post a Comment