YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, June 13, 2013

May 2013 Glossybox (a little late...)

Glossybox is a new beauty subscription service I just enrolled in. It is more expensive than Birchbox or Ipsy, retailing at $21.00/month, but it is supposed to have better products, and I'm pleased with my first month. I received my first Glossybox a few weeks ago, which was May's box, so I'll be receiving June's box at the end of the month. Overall, the samples were really good. I signed up for a 6 month subscription, so I hope they continue to be good!


1.  Nicka K New York ABSOLUTE! Perfume Stick in Chelsey 350

This is a solid perfume stick. It really isn't my favorite scent...but I like that it's a solid and I can just throw it in my gym bag! It's a great size, too. Not your typical sample size. I was pleased with this! This perfume retails for $14.99.

2.  Etre Belle Collagen and Aloe Vera Hydro Mask


I actually haven't tried this yet, and probably won't with my extremely oily skin. This would be great for someone with dry skin. This is a European product and from what I can tell, isn't available in the states. The website states it sells for 24,95 Euro....not sure what that is in US dollars... Sorry I don't have a better review....

3.  European Wax Center's Slow It Body Wash

My sample of this was just a foil packet, so it was tiny. It claims to prevent ingrown hair and deter bumps and blemishes while hydrating the skin. It came also with a sample of the exfoliator. I really liked the product, but the sample was too small for me to be able to say if it does what it claims. It is fairly inexpensive, $20.00 for 8 oz, so if you are prone to breakouts when shaving, you may want to try this. You can order this product here.

4.  ModelCo Lip Duo Lipstick and Ultra Shine Lip Gloss

I didn't receive the color pictured above, but I'm in a hurry and can't find the right color online. My color was a brown shade, and it wasn't pretty at all, but this product was worth the price of my Glossybox alone, so I'm not complaining! These retail in a set of 3 shades for $120 but are on sale for $69.00. That is just insanity!!!! Well, I guess getting a full sized lipstick and lip gloss for around $20 each (equaling the 3 for $120 thing if you do the math...) but just seeing the price tag makes me go WHOA! Here's a link to the sale if you are interested! This one product was worth more than the Glossybox. I am impressed.

5.  XTreme Lashes GlideLiner Long Lasting Eye Pencil

I received a cobalt blue shade in this eyeliner and at first I was questioning their color choice, but I tried it out in my waterline and was in love! These pencils glide on like butter. I am loving it. I received another full size of this sample, too, which makes Glossybox get a high five from me!!! They are pricey, as well, retailing at $29.00 each, but I am loving how easily the go on and how bendable they are. I will probably purchase the black. It may replace my HG eyeliner, the Urban Decay 24/7 in Perversion!!! You can find yours here.

6.  Sebastian Professional Volupt Spray

 This is a spray gel and it smells like HEAVEN. I sprayed it before blow drying my hair and it gave it so much volume!  You can also spray it on dry curly hair to make your curls pop! I really love this product! I am not sure of the retail price, but you can look here for a description of the product. Since it is only available in salons, I'm guessing that's why I can't find any prices on their website.


So, that's it for my Glossybox! Overall I was extremely pleased with the sizes of the samples as well as the quality. I recommend checking Glossybox out if you are sick of Ipsy and BB. It is more expensive per month, but I received 3 full sized products this month!!! Well worth the price, IMO.


No comments:

Post a Comment