YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Birchbox July 2013 Review

Hi! I think I missed a review or two last month. I ended my Julep Maven subscription because I already have too many nail polishes, and I wasn't loving the texture/application of their polishes. I was only excited about the candy I got in the box...and over $20 for 3 pieces of taffy was really not in my best interest. LOL I don't think I reviewed all my subs last month (Birchbox, Ipsy, Glossybox) but I'll do better this month! So, here we go....July Birchbox! All pictures credited to the Birchbox website. If you're interested in joining Birchbox for $10 a month, follow this link to bypass the waiting list!





Benta Berry G-1Moisturizing Face Cream

This is a product from France that is used to moisturize and mattify your skin. You can use it before applying your make up or alone to help reduce oil. It is for both men and women as it has no tint, but it does have a yummy berry scent to it! I absolutely LOVE the smell!!!! It claims to help regulate your skin's oil level. I found that it performed like many of my other mattifying moisturizers, but it smells so much better! It made my skin feel soft and silky. You can purchase the full size, which is 30 ml, for $22.00 here on Birchbox's website.

Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner

I've not been much of a liquid liner type of girl...I prefer kohl pencils or gel pots, but I might be changing my mind after this product. It applied a perfect think line of liner, which I find difficult to do with pencils or gels. This is great for a simple, think, non-dramatic line of eyeliner. My only complaint was that it was difficult to apply to my lower lashes as it is not waterproof. It was like any typical pen type liner and just would not show up if there was any water under my eye. The description says it is fade proof, but I have to disagree. I felt like I needed to reapply it after a few hours. I received black, but it also comes in fun colors like olive, turquoise, purple, and navy. I might purchase some of the fun colors to use as accents when wearing fun shadows. You can purchase this product for $16.00 here.

Kerastase Masque Chroma Captive - Treat 

I thought I had received two foil packets by mistake but when I looked at the sample box picture on Birchbox's website, I noticed there were two on there. This product is a 10 minute conditioning treatment you apply after shampooing/conditioning your hair. You rinse the product out with warm water, then blast your hair with cold water to seal in the shine. (If you didn't know.....you should always rinse your hair with cool/cold water just before getting out of the shower to help close the hair follicles. It really does help your hair. I've been doing it for years!)  It is specially designed to help the health of color treated hair and to extend the life of your color. This smells so good and I can tell that it makes my hair softer, but I am not sure if I'm sold on the product, especially with the $61.00 price tag!!! Ouch! I spend a lot of money on hair products because if you're going to color treat your hair, you want it to last and stay healthy! I'm just not sure I'm completely sold on this product. You can purchase this product here.

Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow

Sorry it says "EXCLUSIVE" on the pic....it's directly from the Birchbox website and I'm too lazy to crop it. LOL  This was the product I was most excited about when I opened my box!!!!! I currently use a BB cream by Tarte which I LOVE, and I've recently started adding a few pumps of Josie Maran Argan Illuminizer and mixing it up and applying it to my face, and I LOVE it, too. It gives my skin a beautiful glow and I have gotten so many compliments on my skin since I've added the illumizer, most notably from my mom who never notices anything like that...haha. So, when I saw this product, which is a BB cream AND an illuminizer in one, I was overjoyed!!! It only comes in one universal shade, so that may be a problem for those with really light or really dark skintones. Hopefully they might start making different shades. This product was perfect for my skintone, and it made my skin dewy and fresh looking. This could possibly be an all in one product that may take the place of my two step regimen I'm currently using. The Tarte BB cream seems to have more benefits (SPF 30 to just name one...) than this Marcelle BB cream, but it really is a wonderful product that lasted all day, even in the heat! You can buy this product here for $27.00. If you're looking for light coverage with a golden, dewy look, then you should really try this out. I highly recommend it. (But I also highly recommend the Tarte BB cream and Josie Maran Illuminizer...)

Birchbox Bobby Pins

Again with the "EXCLUSIVE" on top..... I received the white bobby pins. They suck. The end. Okay, not the end...but I didn't like these at all. They are too thick and hard to put in your hair. I wore one yesterday to hold my bangs back (I'm growing them out) and I had to put in a regular bobby pin to actually hold my hair and just use this one as decoration. I was not pleased with these. They're kind of cute, but not worth $6.00.  If you love them, here they are.

Well, that's it for my July Birchbox. If you want to join and receive awesome samples for just $10.00 a month, follow this link to bypass the waiting list! If you just try to join by going to the website you will be put on a waiting list, so it is easiest to just follow this link which is my invitation to you! If you're already a member, don't forget to review your products each month for Birchbox points that earn you CASH for products from the site!!! It's free money, people!

Oh, and a side note.....I am considering canceling some of my subs and joining the Popsugar Must Have Box sub. I've seen a few reviews, and they were OVER THE TOP awesome. The last review I saw had over $200 worth of products inside!!! It had the sequel to "The Devil Wears Prada" novel in hardback, some awesome looking popcorn, a scarf.....it was fantastic. I really want it!!! It's $35.00 a month...so that's why I'd be letting go of my other boxes. I sort of feel like I'm getting the same products/brands over and over with Ipsy and Birchbox. I am going to see how my Ipsy bag looks this month before I make the decision to cancel. I wish I hadn't signed up for a 6 month sub of Glossybox. It's probably my least favorite of them all. I won't be re-subbing to it when my 6 months is up. Just a heads up to my friends who read this for the current subscriptions.

XOXO, Jenn

Links to my other monthly subs to bypass the waiting lists:

Ipsy

Glossybox (If you are interested in a Glossybox subscription and want to bypass the wait, please leave me a comment here, through facebook, via email, or text me if we're buds :) with your email address and I can send you a direct invitation! This just leads you to the general sub page.)








No comments:

Post a Comment