YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Oz the Great and Powerful beauty sets

Disney's Oz the Great and Powerful will be in theaters March 8th, and I can't wait! I love anything related to The Wizard of Oz, so I'm so excited about these new makeup palettes and polish sets.  I haven't purchased any of them yet, so this will just be a quick intro/overview of the news sets based on the film.

Urban Decay Eye Shadow Palettes in Glinda  and Theodora

I'm a sucker for anything Urban Decay, and I'm even more of a sucker for any beauty product based on a movie I love. I purchased the Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows (link takes you to an Amazon page for the product) when it came out and loved it, even though it had a lot of shadows I already owned in it. It had many more that I don't have and wouldn't have purchased on their own. So just by a chance internet encounter, I found Urban Decay's Glinda and Theodora palettes, based on the good and bad witches, respectively. These palettes are pretty pricey, even for UD palettes, but the shadows are supposedly full sized shadows. As I haven't purchased this yet, I don't personally know their sizes.

Glinda Palette
The Glinda Palette is light, fresh, and airy looking, with lots of pink, purple, bronze, silver, and gold shades. The eyeliner is UD's Rockstar, which is a purple shade lovely for brown eyes. The eyeshadows are named as follows: Tornado (vibrant deep purple shimmer), Aura (iridescent white with blue shift and iridescent white with red shift), Magic (pinkish purple with golden shimmer), Illusion (pale peach satin), Oz (gold with gold glitter and silver with silver glitter), South (warm pale gray shimmer with silver micro-glitter). The lip color is  a super saturated high gloss color in a light sheer nude shade, aptly named Glinda. I can't wait to get my hands on this palette. You can get yours here on Sephora's website for $49.

Theodora Palette
The Theodora Palette is everything I want to see in a bad-girl palette: a deep red lip, dark eyeliner (although I think UD's Perversion would have been a better fit than UD's Zero), and dark shadows. The eyeshadows are named as follows: Broken (pale cream satin), Beware (warm brown matte), Bewitch (dark charcoal brown satin), West (deep metallic brown shimmer), Spell (black satin with green and gold shimmer and gold metallic with tonal glitter), Jealous (pale green pearl and dark green pearl). The lip color is a super saturated bright red creme, aptly named Theodora. I'm not sure I can wait much longer to snatch these up! You can purchase yours here at the Sephora website for $49.

OPI Oz the Great and Powerful Collection

OPI is releasing a set based on the movie, and it includes their new sand textured polish. I'm not a fan of the sand polishes, but you can make your own decisions on that. I don't like them because, as the name implies, the make your nails rough, like sandpaper. I just have no desire for that. I like shiny polishes.

The Oz Collection consists of 2 glitter/sparkle shades, 3 sheer shades, and one sand textured shade. I love sheer shades and love glitters, but I NEVER wear the glitters when I buy them. I buy them....and paint my nails with them, then promptly end up removing it. I guess I just think it's too little girly for me. I love sheer shades though, but it's really getting hard to tell them apart, especially after I just purchased all of the OPI Ballet sheer shades, which I adore. I don't have any pictures of each shade individually as I don't have the set yet, but you can search for any of the shades, (for example: OPI When Monkeys Fly swatch) and find other blogs that have reviewed the set. I couldn't find any pictures that weren't copyrighted, so I was unable to post any individual pictures here. Sorry, Charlie!!!


Do you plan on purchasing any of these beauty finds I've previewed for you? Do you already have any of them? Tell me about it in the comments below! Remember to follow/join my blog, either through google or Bloglovin, and find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram via the links to the right!  Laters, lovelies!









2 comments:

  1. My friend just purchased Thedora's eye pallet ;)
    I'm quite jealous and envious of her.

    I, too, love ANYTHING Oz related. Heck, I had an Oz wedding! HA HA!

    I am loving all these Oz beauties but haven't dived in an purchased any yet.... I'm slacking ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ended up not getting it on my last trip to Sephora because I feel like I have a lot of the colors already...but I was SO TEMPTED! I'll probably go back and get them both soon! LOL

    ReplyDelete